Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

THE DREADFUL DIARIES : Somethings never ever change.....


The Dreadful Diaries : Somethings never change!


Went out to Costellos. The music. The people. The place. It hasn't changed in around 6 years. Scary. I know I am still going to hear the Cure, The Strokes or any electro stuff floating around. I don't really know how life manages to float on (to quote Modest Mouse) and yet, Costellos doesn't float on.....it remains the same. But I love it for that reason. I wouldn't keep coming back if it wasn't for it's refusal to move on.....

There is a lot to be said for a place that remains the same in a world where everything changes incredibly fast. There is nothing worse then realising that somewhere you feel like yourself, that you can be yourself - has changed. It's become nothing more then bright lights, meat market city. I know that no matter how awful I feel, No matter how terrible I look, no matter how much I am not in the mood - Costelllos, it has something to offer me!

It's a port in the storm. A place to lay my drunken head, I know that I can count on the place to offer me somewhere to go.....Somewhere to be myself. However bad that might look to other people!

Hundreds of art students before me have felt the same as me. Like they have one thing they can count on to still be the same. And for that, I salute you Costellos of Limerick.

I salute you because..... You give me what I need.....not what I want.....But what I need. Thank you. Thank you for the music. It was epic......



XOXOXO

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar