Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

PRE FALL 2011 : CHANEL

CHANEL : PRE FALL 2011.
Ahhhh...that time of the year when the pre fall collections drop. And so do our jaws. However, I'm not impressed with the Chanel collection this year. I am LOVING the OTT headbands and slightly Eastern feel to the collection. But there is something that doesn't work for me here.
There is also a 60's feel with the square boxy suits (which considering this is Chanel.....) But also in the collars, cuffs and buttons on the front of the pieces. KL has already said he wanted something completely different from the last Chanel show. Which was frankly gorgeous. This I find a little.....I don't know. I can't put my finger on it. I have no idea why it's not working for me.

The above black dress is my fav from the collection. I love the subtle touches to it. teamed with the gold headband.
I suppose the 60's thing also comes from the beehive hairdos sported by the models as well. Complete with headbands and earrings definately makes me think mid 60's england.


SO WHATS ON TREND ?

Embellished anythings
detailed shoulders
LBDs
60's
Beehives
Square shapes
Oversized large buttons
mr lagerfeld own gloves

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar